I am a Cape Town based artist interested in ink-wash painting and alternative photography. After matriculating from Overberg High, I qualified with a Btech degree in Interior design and a diploma in Fine Art from Ruth Prowse School of Art in 2015.
The focus of my work is on the ephemeral concept of Time: a transient moment is captured on the paper or lense surface, where ink and various translucent fluids are intermixed. The results of these reactions are then digitally captured, recording the movement of the pigmented molecules breaking up, each with its own distinct character. My work questions photography by capturing images that can never be created again, while exploring process and repetition as meditative instruments in art making.
ARTIST / ILLUSTRATOR
L’Ermite Wines March 2016
Concept development, Rough drafts, Drawings, digital editing, preparing files for print.
Craven Wines October 2015
December 2014 – October 2015 Wine Label Designs – Five wine labels designed for the client’s expanding wine range.
Concept development, Rough drafts, Painting, digital editing, preparing files for print.
Truth Coffee June 2012
Brand Art Works – Conceptualised and executed designs for posters relating to the brand identity.
Publication: VISI, Spring No 62, 2012
– ‘Traces’ – Group show. Whow studios, Durbanville – September – October 2017
– ‘Re-build me’ – Art Auction, Exhibition & Fundraiser. Cape Institute for Architecture – May 2017
– ‘Visceral’ – Group show. Cavalli gallery, Stellenbosch – February – March 2017
– ‘Untitled 3.99’ – Group show. 99 Loop Gallery, Cape Town – January 2017
– ‘Sorry! Please try again’ – Group show. Palms centre, Cape Town – December 2016
– Valley Flair Art Auction – curated by Lizamore & associates, Val de Vie estate, Paarl – November 2016
– ‘Metropolis’ – Group show. Upstairs @Bree gallery, Cape Town – September 2016
– ‘This brief moment, forever.’ – Group show. 99 Loop Gallery, Cape Town – August 2016
– ‘Nano’ – Group show. The Barnard Gallery, Newlands Cape Town – July 2016
– ‘Out of the Blue’ – Group Show. Rust en Vrede Art Gallery, Durbanville – September 2014
The Ruth Prowse School of Art, Woodstock, Cape Town 2013 – 2015
Diploma in Fine Art
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town 2004-2006
Btech Interior Design (Cum Laude)